Erasure (Vince Clark and Andy Bell) have confirmed a 15-date UK tour for November/December. It will follow the release of their new album, The Violet Flame, which is due out on September 22nd.
Recorded in New York and London and produced by Richard X, The Violet Flame follows 2013’s critically acclaimed Snow Globe, and is the band’s sixteenth studio album release. The first single from the 10-track album will be released in mid July.
The Violet Flame is now available for pre-order at www.pledgemusic.com/erasure. The album will be available alongside exclusive Erasure bundles including single, deluxe and box set formats as well as a VIP ticket bundle which will feature the album, premium ticket and meet and greet with the band.
Formed nearly 30 years ago, the award-winning songwriting duo of Vince Clarke and Andy Bell unleashed on the nation a succession of both influential and chart-topping pop anthems of the ’80s, ’90s through to today. Songs like A Little Respect, Sometimes, Victim Of Love, Ship Of Fools, Blue Savannah, Star, Chains Of Love, The Circus, Who Needs Love (Like That), Love To Hate You, Drama!, Always and Breathe, ensured a formidable presence on the singles charts complemented by five consecutive No 1 albums (including The Innocents, Wild! and Chorus) and the beginning of the worldwide Abba revival, Abba-esque.
Tickets for the tour went on sale to Fan Club members today at 9 AM and on general sale 9 AM, Friday, May 30.
- 11/12 – Reading – Hexagon
- 11/13 – Southampton – Guildhall
- 11/15 – Nottingham – Royal Concert Hall
- 11/16 – Guildford – G Live
- 11/17 – Bristol – Colston Hall
- 11/19 – Aberdeen – Music Hall
- 11/20 – Edinburgh – Corn Exchange
- 11/21 – Glasgow – O2 Academy
- 11/23 – Brighton – Dome
- 11/24 – Cardiff – St David’s Hall
- 11/25 – Preston – Guildhall
- 11/28 – Newcastle – O2 Academy
- 11/29 – Wolverhampton – Civic Hall
- 11/30 – Manchester – O2 Apollo
- 12/14 – London – The Forum