New Order will return with a brand new album in 2015. It will be the band’s first album of new music since ‘Waiting For The Sirens Call’ in 2005.
New Order signed with Mute Records for their tenth album after their longterm stint with Warner Music The new pact with Mute is being hailed by the band as a return to their “independent roots”.
In a statement, the band said “We couldn’t imagine a better place to be than working with Daniel Miller and his team. Mute has a superb roster of artists and a history that complements our own. In many ways, joining the label feels like we are coming home.”
Mute founder Daniel Miller added “I feel privileged to be working with artists with such a long, creative and successful history. When the possibility of us working together first came up, I was invited to hear some of the new material and immediately had no doubts whatsoever that Mute would be the right home for New Order.”
New Order was formed in 1980 by the remaining three members of Joy Division, Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook and Stephen Morris, after the suicide of Ian Curtis. They signed with Factory Records and, in 1981, released a number of singles along with their debut album, Movement. They stayed with the label through 1989 and moved London Records after Factory went out of business. After the release of 1992’s Republic, the band went on hiatus as the members pursued solo careers.
The band came back together in 1998 and released two albums before Hook left in 2007. Another hiatus ensued which ended in 2011 with the addition of Tom Chapman to replace Hook. The new lineup released Lost Sirens, the band’s last album.
New Order have kicked off their first US tour in 7 years starting in Oakland California. How’s this for a set list!
- Elegia (from Low-Life, 1985)
- Crystal (from Get Ready, 2001)
- Ceremony (single, 1981)
- Close Range (from Get Ready, 2001)
- Age of Consent (from Power, Corruption, Lies, 1983)
- Isolation (from Closer by Joy Division, 1980)
- Here to Stay (from the soundtrack of 24 Hour Party People, 2002)
- Your Silent Face (from Power, Corruption, Lies, 1983)
- Bizarre Love Triangle (from Brotherhood, 1986)
- 5 8 6 (from Power, Corruption, Lies, 1983)
- True Faith (single, 1987)
- The Perfect Kiss (from Low-Life, 1985)
- Blue Monday (single, 1983)
- Temptation (from 1981-1982, 1982)
- Atmosphere (single by Joy Division, 1980)
- Love Will Tear Us Apart (single by Joy Division, 1980)
Guess who’s coming to the Future Music Festival in March next year…. New Order!
Duran Duran however will embark on a fully fledged tour around about the same time! 80’s to the max!