1. Marcia moved from Boston to Sydney at just 16 to star in the Australian production of Hair, after lying about her age. She was the youngest person in the world to star in Hair, doing it all whilst pregnant with her daughter Deni.
2. Marcia is the cousin of former US Secretary of State Colin Powell.
3. Marcia is managed by showbiz patriach Peter Rix, who spearheaded the early ARIAS, and has managed the soul diva for four decades.
4. Marcia’s debut album Marcia Shines became the biggest selling album by an Australian female artist in 1975.
5. Marcia is the first Australian female artist to have seven consecutive Top 20 album releases.
6. Marcia is the only judge to be retained for every season of Australian Idol from 2003 to 2009 – proving herself a powerful mentor to young performers, as the voice of encouragement and experience.
7. Marcia was inducted into the Aria Hall of Fame in 2007.
8. Marcia received an AM in the Australia Day Honours 2009 for services to the entertainment industry and to the community (through her charitable work).
9. Amazing is Marcia’s first album of original songs co-written with Tom Diesel and Ron E Jones.
10. This extraordinary career shows no signs of stopping. 2014 sees Marcia becoming the face of Foxtel’s SmoothTV, launching her new album of original songs and starring in the world premiere season of a new burlesque, discotheque musical titled Velvet.
Amazing, the new album out April 4.