Twenty five years after topping the charts, globally, with the single All Around The World, and ten years after the release of her last album, Britain’s iconic soul singer Lisa Stansfield releases her seventh studio album Seven.
The Grammy nominated, multi BRIT, Ivor Novello and Silver Clef Award winner, who can boast sales of nearly 20 million records and a string of international top 10 hits, returned to the studio to record with long-time songwriting partner (and husband) Ian Devaney, whose credits include The Bodyguard and Indecent Proposal soundtracks.
Seven marks Lisa’s return to the international stage and confirms her status as one of the UK’s premier recording artists. Can’t Dance, the first track on the album, was playlisted on Radio 2 this autumn and sets the tone for the record and its theme of love and relationships.
Adding a further string to her bow, and with Lisa’s ongoing contribution to British Soul being undeniable, she will also be starring in an independent film about the genre due out in 2014 with Steve Coogan and Ricky Tomlinson.
- Can’t Dance (Stansfield / Devaney)
- Why (Stansfield / Devaney)
- So Be It (Stansfield / Devaney)
- Stupid Heart (Stansfield)
- The Crown (Stansfield / Devaney)
- Picket Fence (Stansfield / Devaney)
- The Rain (Stansfield / Devaney)
- Conversation (Stansfield)
- Carry On (Stansfield / Devaney)
- Love Can (Stansfield / Devaney)