There is not a country in the world that doesn’t know the names of Boy George and Culture Club.
Grammy Award winners Culture Club sold in excess of 100 million singles and over 50 million albums, and were one of the biggest pop bands of the 1980s. They achieved seven straight Top 10 hits in the UK, nine Top 10 singles in the USA and nine Top 20 singles in Australia.
And now the original line-up have confirmed they are to play live dates across the UK in 2014 for the first time in over 15 years. Prior to these live dates Culture Club will be going into the studio to record new material, with producer Youth (Paul McCartney, The Verve, Embrace) for an album to be released early in 2015.
Joining Culture Club on this tour will be very special guest Alison Moyet, well renowned musical icon, who has amassed sales of more than 20 million records both as a solo artist and half of influential duo Yazoo.
The dates (all U.K.):
- 12/01 – Glasgow – The SSE Hydro
- 12/02 – Newcastle – Metro Radio Arena
- 12/04 – Leeds – First Direct Arena
- 12/05 – Manchester – Phones 4U Arena
- 12/06 – Nottingham – Capital FM Arena
- 12/08 – Liverpool – Echo Arena
- 12/09 – London – The O2
- 12/11 – Brighton – Brighton Centre
- 12/12 – Birmingham – National Indoor Arena
- 12/14 – Cardiff – Motorpoint Arena
- 12/15 – Bournemouth – Bournemouth International Centre