Leonardo DiCaprio gets his … errrm… crotch hugged by a prankster on the red carpet!
This week on #RiseUp JOY 94.9, I cover Betty White, Ian Thorpe, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Tom Cruise!
Moogfest 2014, “The Synthesis of Technology, Art and Music”, has set an impressive lineup for the upcoming festival slated for April 23 to 27 in Asheville, NC.
On the bill are Kraftwerk, who will play a total of three times during the festival, Pet Shop Boys, who will headline on opening night, Chic Featuring Nile Rodgers, M.I.A., the Bernie Worrell Orchestra, Flying Lotus and a host of other electronic based artists.
Also part of the proceedings are everything from engineering workshops to a contest that challenges entrants to build a battery powered device for under $70 that is “capable of creating new and unique sounds.” Speakers include Giorgio Moroder, Laurie Anderson, Dan Deacon, Keith Emerson, David X. Cohen and many more.
Moogfest was created as a tribute to Robert Moog, the man who created the first Moog Synthesizer and whose company has developed a variety of tools to help musicians create in new and unusual ways. The first festival was held in 2004 and moved to Asheville, the home of Moog Music, in 2008.
The announcement was made late Wednesday night in a phone call to Andy Cohen on his Bravo talk show Watch What Happens Live followed by a tweet from the star saying “I’m SO THRILLED 2 Be Working With CYNDI Again….She’s an INCREDIBLE ARTIST…&&..SHE’S ADORABLE.”
Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo will be opening for Cher for the first thirteen dates of the tour, from March 22 in Phoenix through April 12 in Detroit. Lauper will take over on April 23 in Buffalo and stay with the tour through the final date of July 11 in San Diego.
This isn’t the first time that Cher and Lauper have toured together. Cyndi opened over one hundred dates during Cher’s Believe, Living Proof and The Farewell Tours.
Click READ MORE for the US tour dates.
- 03/22 – Phoenix, AZ – US Airways Center (with Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo)
- 03/24 – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
- 03/26 – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
- 03/28 – Little Rock, AR – Verizon Arena
- 03/29 – Tulsa, OK – BOK Center
- 03/31 – Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
- 04/02 – Pittsburgh, PA – Consol Energy Center
- 04/04 – Washington, DC – Verizon Center
- 04/05 – Uncasville, CT – Mohegan Sun
- 04/07 – Toronto, ON – Air Canada Centre
- 04/09 – Boston, MA – TD Garden
- 04/11 – Indianapolis, IN – Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- 04/12 – Detroit, MI – Joe Louis Arena (last date with Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo)
- 04/23 – Buffalo, NY – First Niagara Center (first date with Cyndi Lauper)
- 04/25 – Montreal, Quebec – Centre Bell
- 04/26 – Ottowa, ON – Tire Centre
- 04/28 – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
- 04/30 – Columbus, OH – Nationwide Arena
- 05/02 – Cleveland, OH – Quicken Loans Arena
- 05/05 – Charlotte, NC – Time Warner Cable Arena
- 05/07 – Raleigh, NC – PNC Arena
- 05/09 – Brooklyn, NY – Barclays Center
- 05/10 – E Rutherford, NY – Izod Center
- 05/12 – Atlanta, GA – Philips Arena
- 05/14 – Jacksonville, FL – Vets Memorial Arena
- 05/16 – Orlando, FL – Amway Center
- 05/17 – Sunrise, FL – BB&T Center
- 05/25 – Las Vegas, NV – MGM Grand
- 05/28 – Denver, CO – Pepsi Center
- 05/30 – Lincoln, NE – Pinnacle Bank Arena
- 05/31 – Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center
- 06/02 – Louisville, KY – KFC Yum! Center
- 06/04 – St. Louis, MO – Scottrade Center
- 06/06 – Milwaukee, WI – BMO Harris Bradley Center
- 06/07 – Chicago, IL – Allstate Arena
- 06/09 – Des Moines, IA – Wells Fargo Arena
- 06/11 – Minneapolis, MN – Target Center
- 06/20 – Winnipeg, MB – MTS Centre
- 06/21 – Saskatoon, SK – Credit Union Centre
- 06/23 – Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place
- 06/25 – Calgary, AB – Scotiabank Saddledome
- 06/27 – Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena
- 06/28 – Seattle, WA – Key Arena
- 06/30 – Portland, OR – Moda
- 07/02 – San Jose, CA – SAP Center at San Jose
- 07/05 – Ontario, CA – Citizens Business Bank Arena
- 07/07 – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center
- 07/09 – Anaheim, CA – Honda Center
- 07/11 – San Diego, CA – Valley View Casino Center
Catch my breakfast radio morning segment on JOY 94.9 here! This week, Meryl Streep, Katie Holmes, Susan Boyle, Tori Spelling, Dean McDermott and an update on the Grammy Awards!
theaussieword.com catches up with the very talented Casey Barnes for an exclusive interview!
What can you tell our readers about you? How and where did it all begin? Hi guys – well my name is Casey Barnes and I’m a singer-songwriter. It all began for me back in my old home state of Tasmania playing in pubs and clubs around Launceston before I moved to Queensland back in 1999. I’ve always loved music and been playing since I was a kid.
What had you first interested in music? My Mum to be honest… playing old Beatles, Elton John, James Taylor and Gerry Rafferty albums growing up…. Music was always in the home.
Who motivates or influences your quest to make great music? Of late its been my good friend ‘Rick Price’ (Heaven Knows/Not A Day Goes By). We met in Nashville 2 years ago and instantly formed a friendship… we’ve been working and writing together ever since.
Do you have any planned tours coming up? Yes my new single ‘Valentine’ comes out Jan 31st and I’ll be doing shows in Queensland then it off to Tassie just after we perform the song on Sunrise.
What are some of your biggest goals you hope to accomplish as an artist? I’d love my first number 1 here in Australia then I’d love a crack at the States.. I’ve been travelling back and forth for the past few years and love it!
What can fans expect from you in the coming months? Lots more new music and live shows…I’ve got this new single then the EP wont be far after that!
Success, what is the secret to it and what has been your biggest career highlight so far? Persistence and NEVER giving up. My career highlight by far has been opening for Bryan Adams for A Day On The Green.. just an incredible experience!
Which stars of the music industry do you find inspiring? Ed Sheeran for some reason at the moment is really inspiring to me. To think a couple of years ago he was struggling and doing local gigs but with the right song and support behind him he’s become an international superstar. He always believed and that’s the key.
How would you best describe you and your music to your fans? A real mix but of late I’m steering towards the acoustic folk/singer songwriter genre and loving it.
What can you tell us about your latest album? The current album is called ‘Jet Trails’ which I released last year… recorded here in Australia, Nashville and New York. Its been my favourite release to date
Are there any new exciting projects in the works? Always…. Got lots of secrets up the sleeve this year so you’ll have to stay tuned!
The music industry is huge, where do you see yourself a few years from now? Good question… I’d like to think still making great music that stands the test of time.. with a loyal fan base behind me.
Name a few of your favourite Aussie artists. Rick Price – for obvious reasons. I love so many Ausssie artists… Guy Sebastian is just a freak, Stan Walker, Daryl Braithwaite, Sia, Bernard Fanning, Hayley Warner.. the list goes on.
The shape of the music industry has changed significantly over the years, including the use of social media, how do you feel about the industry as a whole and what does it mean to you in getting your records out into the public eye? Social media is just huge now and to be honest I’m addicted ha ha… the industry is constantly changing and you’ve just got to adapt not fight it. If it’s a good song you really do have a chance of getting it out there these days.
Thank you for the interview! What can you leave fans of theaussieword.com with here today? Just a huge thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully you’ll be intrigued enough to maybe go and discover some of my music… if you get the chance make sure you check out the new music video on YouTube for ‘Valentine’. Much love
Her second album, 21, was released in 2011 and hit the number one spot around the world.
The 25-year-old gave birth to her son Angelo with partner Simon Konecki in October 2012 and took some time out to look after him. Now it seems Adele could be planning a comeback for next year.
“At the moment the discussions are all about a 2015 tour of the UK and North America at least, possibly a world tour,” a source divulged to British newspaper The Daily Mirror.
“She has managed to spend a lot of the past two years focusing on being a mother, and wants to continue to do that while releasing and promoting new material.
“She has been back to work but is recording at her own pace. Her appeal has always been the quality of her music so she isn’t about to rush release anything just for the sake of it.”
The singer had always promised she wouldn’t hit the road until her son turned two and has instead been focusing on her third, untitled album, which is due for release this year.Her last string of shows were the Adele Live tour in 2011, which accompanied her sophomore album. During this period, Adele suffered problems with her vocal cords and had to undergo surgery, which meant cancelling several shows. Referring to the possible 2015 tour, the insider added: “If her last sales are anything to go by, she doesn’t exactly need to.”
Blondie will perform at the SXSW music conference in Austin in March to mark their 40th anniversary.
Blondie formed in New York City in 1974. 40 years in they have also sold 40 million records. They were one of the founding bands of new wave, the term coined by Sire Records founder Seymour Stein to describe his discovery at the time The Talking Heads.
Blondie became regulars of CBGB and were immortalised in the recent movie starring Alan Rickman. However it was Australia that gave Blondie their first hit when Countdown compere Ian ‘Molly’ Meldrum decided to play the B-side to their single ‘X-Offender’ instead of the A-side making ‘In The Flesh’ Blondie’s first ever hit.
In 2014 Blondie will release their 10th studio album Ghosts of Download and showcase the album at SXSW 2014.